Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
Top your toast with loads of greens and plant protein - for a power-packed lunch that's simple and satisfying!
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 slices Bread (whole-grain or gluten-free)
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Grapes
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 can No-salt canned cannellini beans
- 3/4 tsp Nutritional yeast
- Black pepper to taste
1. Rinse all the produce. Finely chop the kale. Peel and mince garlic. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of water, the minced garlic and kale. Saute until the kale is wilted. Turn off the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar.
3. Gently heat the beans in a separate pan or in the microwave. Season with pepper.
4. Toast the bread. Then, top toast with the warm beans and gently mash with a fork. Top with sauteed kale. Season with pepper and nutritional yeast. Enjoy with grapes on the side!