Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
The Earthy's bounty is overflowing with whole, nutritious goodness correlated with a lower risk for certain diseases and longevity. And healthy tastes good! Roasted beet roots, carrots and turnips give every bite of this one pan meal an earthy sweetness!
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Beet root
- 2 Carrot
- 3/4 tbsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 block Tempeh
- 1 Turnip
- 1 1/2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1/4 Onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. Rinse the produce. Chop the tough ends off the turnip, beet, and carrot. Peel the onion (if using). Chop the vegetables into small, uniform pieces. (The smaller they are cut, the faster they will roast.)
3. Toss the veggies in a bowl with the rosemary and olive oil. (To make this recipe oil-free, omit the oil and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.) Lay the produce onto a baking sheet with room between each. Put them in the oven and roast until they are brown on both sides. (Cooking time will depend on the size of your veggie pieces.)
4. Chop the tempeh into bite-sized pieces. Boil the tempeh in water for 5 minutes to reduce bitterness. After 10 minutes of the veggies roasting, add in the chopped tempeh to the pan, toss, and roast to brown slightly.
5. Take the pan out of the oven when the veggies are soft when pierced with a fork and browned on the outside. Toss with balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
6. Enjoy your root veggie power bowl!