Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
The pairing of sweet and savory never tasted so good! Lightly, naturally sweet butternut squash ravioli gets the royal treatment, topped by crispy, smoky 'bacon,' Vitamin A-loaded arugula and Vitamin C-packed frozen peas. This simple meal is full of a plethora of veggies and feels just a little fancy!
- 1 cup Rising Moon organics butternut squash ravioli
- 3 pieces Upton's Seitan Vegan Bacon
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- 1 cup Arugula
- to taste Salt & pepper
1. Cook the Rising Moon organics butternut squash ravioli according to the directions on the box.
2. Heat half the olive oil on a skillet over medium heat. Chop the Upton's seitan bacon into small pieces. Add the Upton's seitan bacon to the skillet and flip after 4 minutes. Cook until crispy.
3. Peel and mince the garlic.
4. In a separate pan, add the frozen peas and garlic with the remaining olive oil over low heat. Stir and cook until the frozen peas are warm. Stir in the arugula and turn off the heat after 1 minute.
5. Toss the ravioli with a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking together. Plate with the Upton's seitan bacon, greens, and salt and pepper to taste.