Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
Baked oatmeal is a great way to have breakfast prepared for the week ahead (or to have a little something sweet on hand, when you're looking for a simple dessert!). And blueberries, banana and walnuts make a deliciously winning combination! (Adapted for Lighter from The Full Helping.)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tbsp Flax meal
- 1/2 cup Frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 pinches Ground ginger
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 cup Unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk
- 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Lightly oil your baking dish. (For best results, scale this recipe up to make multiple servings, so that you can use an 8x8-inch baking dish.)
2. Mix the rolled oats, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and flax meal together in a large mixing bowl. Fold in the frozen blueberries and walnuts.
3. In another bowl, blend together the unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk, banana, and maple syrup (if using). Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix well. Transfer the whole mixture to the baking pan.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is browning and firm. (Cooking time may vary, depending on the size of your pan.) Allow the bake to set for at least thirty minutes before cutting into servings and enjoying. Leftover baked oats will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.