Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
The BLT gets a whole-foods-plant-based makeover (and it's looking good!). All rolled up in a beautiful green collard wrap, this "sandwich" colorfully and flavorfully pops.
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 block Tempeh
- 3/4 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce/tamari
- 1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 leaf Collard greens
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup Baby carrots
- to taste Salt & pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to the instructions here.
2. Produce Prep: Rinse the collard greens. Devein the leaf by removing the stem with a paring knife, but keep the leaf intact. Rinse and chop the cherry tomatoes. Rinse the avocado and split in half. Then, cut into smaller chunks. Mince the garlic.
3. Chop the tempeh horizontally into thin wedges. Heat the tempeh on a skillet or in the microwave. Add the garlic and soy sauce at the end so the garlic is lightly cooked and the soy sauce caramelizes a bit, but does not burn. Season with a touch of salt to taste if desired.
4. Lay the collard green flat. Spread a scoop of quinoa down with chunks of avocado. Add the tempeh and cherry tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Wrap like a fajita and enjoy with baby carrots on the side!