Recipe graciously provided by our friends at Lighter, who are using plant-based science to help the world eat better.
Never fear! Beets are here! Don't get nervous about vegetables hiding in your morning drink - the berries and the blender disguise them in a smooth, sweet goodness. Plus, nothing beats the vibrant color of beets. Enjoy this glass of goodness with a side of whole grain bread and a schmear of peanut butter.
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 cup Unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk
- 1 slice Bread (whole-grain or gluten-free)
- 2 tbsps Chia seeds
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1/4 Beet root
- to taste Lemon juice
1. The night before, peel the banana. Put in a bag and place it in the freezer overnight.
2. Produce Prep: Rinse and peel the beet root. Chop into pieces that can be handled by your blender.
3. Combine the banana, beet root, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, and unsweetened soy/nut/rice milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk or water as needed. Add lemon juice to taste.
4. Toast a piece of whole grain bread and spread with peanut butter.