MEDICAL MISSION TO HAITI
A note from Carrie:
Friends - I really need your help. Many of you know that I became a nurse so I could help those that need it the most. As such, I am going to Haiti with Partners In Development, Inc. to work in their medical clinic for most of January.
I don’t need to tell you that Haiti desperately needs our help. The majority of Haitians survive on less than $2 a day, which if you think about it, is less than your cup of coffee. This doesn’t even take into account the increased need for support in the aftermath of the Hurricane Matthew.
I have set a fundraising goal of $5000. Help me to exceed this goal. Every dollar you donate goes directly to Partners in Development. You can read more about how funds are used in the link below.
Here is how you can help:
1. Make a monetary donation at my fundraising page. Seriously, every dollar seriously counts. I am happy to get you a receipt from Partners in Development if you need it.
2. Give and get at the same time by attending the Rasamaya New Year's Meditation Retreat at Shilo Farm Eco B&B.
3. Share this web page.
4. Attend a donation based yoga or barre class with one of my amazing studio partners.
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND DONATION CLASSES
All donations over $30 get a bracelet made my Haitian Artisans
11.24 | Newburyport, Ma | Saltwater Yoga | 9am Yoga | Carrie Tyler
11.24 | Melrose, MA | Barre & Soul | 9am Barre | Andrea Isabelle Lucas
11.24 | Portsmouth, NH | Barre & Soul | 8am Barre | Kelly Marciano
11.24 | Portland, ME | Magnolia | 830am Barre Fusion | Jess Little & Anne Davis
11.25 | Concord, NH | Studio 603 | 10am Barre | Katie Behner
11.25 | Wolfeboro, NH | Moondala Yoga | 930am Yoga | Maura Sullivan
11.27 | Harvard Square, MA | Barre & Soul | 930am Meditation | Carrie Tyler
11.27 | Lynn, MA | Soul City | 12pm Yoga | Shanel Anderson
11.27 | North Adams, MA | Frog Lotus | 430pm Yoga | Jennifer Yarro
Your contribution toward my fundraising goal will go directly to supporting these life-changing efforts:
- $3500 builds a home for a family with running water and electricity.
- $360/year) provides a child with nutritional supplements (as needed), school tuition and supplies, food, shoes, and free medical care for the entire family.
- $600 - $1500 provides cleft palate treatment including surgeries and speech therapy
- Other PID projects: Emergency care for children, prenatal care, midwife training, diabetic and hypertension management, nutritional supplementation, education, and small business training.
- My travel costs (flight and housing). I will be covering all additional expenses.
I am deeply blessed to work for institutions that allow me to take extended leave to do medical missions. I am so grateful for the incredible emotional support of all my friends and family.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Together we make a difference.
SOCIAL MEDIA # for this effort: #RasamayaLife #LiveInspired #PayItForward #Haiti #PartnersInDevelopment #PID #BeTheChange