DEATH LIT & KNIT
Knitting + Books on Death + Coffee =
1 weirdly perfect evening
DEATH. It will happen to all of us. Let's talk about it.
Or better yet, let's read about it and talk about it while we knit lapghans for hospice patients in wheelchairs.
Imagine the discussion you will have the next day around the water cooler:
"What did you do last night?"
"Oh, you know, the usual... talked about death positive books while knitting lapghans for hospice patients. You?"
*Insert stunned, impressed silence. Walk away smugly smiling to yourself.*
WHERE, WHEN, ETC:
Last Wednesday of the Month (starts April 25)
Commune Cafe, Newburyport, MA | 6 - 8p
Need info? Email Carrie firstname.lastname@example.org
From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty
WHAT IS A LAPGHAN?
A lapghan is a wheelchair-sized lap blanket. Professional rockstar Knitter Alison Green has graciously creating these two patterns for the cause (you are also welcome to use your own pattern):
LAPGHAN PATTERN FOR KNITTING
LAPGHAN PATTERN FOR CROCHET (coming soon)
1. You don't have to finish the book to show up.
2. You don't have to knit to show up.
3. All ages are welcome.
4. JUST SHOW UP (though RSVP is much appreciated too)
5. If you are going to knit a lapghan, please choose soft yarn in blue, white or grey (the colors of Compassus Hospice).
6. First hour is book talk, second hour time to hang and just chat. You can leave when you want. Seriously, no pressure.
7. A vote will be taken at the end of the first hour to decide between two books for the next month.
8. It's never required, but we would appreciate if you would support Commune Cafe (who graciously donated their space) by purchasing a coffee or such.
9. Did we mention JUST. SHOW. UP.
ARE YOU A DEATH POSITIVE BADASS WHO WANTS TO START YOUR OWN DEATH LIT & KNIT IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
Email email@example.com and let's be death positive together.
Our Hashtags: #RasamayaLife #DeathLitAndKnit #DeathPositive #OrderOfTheGoodDeath #LiveWell #DieWell